<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Kingsley Anus
Should you ever find yourself in conversation with Ben Kingsley, he would prefer you didn't call him by his first name. Nor is it acceptible to call him Mr. Kingsley. 'House of Sand and Fog' junketeers were instructed to call the knighted actor Sir Ben.

"Before," the Oscar-winner tells the New York Daily News, "I was acting more for myself. Now, I'm doing it for my country because my country has asked me to."

Wonderful, old chum! Now, if I may be so brazen as to ask for my money back for that phoned-in performance in "Waiting for Godot" at the Old Vic back in '97. Not sure who you were acting for then, but it clearly wasn't me or anyone else in the audience, British or otherwise.
-- "England's other big Ben"

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?